two subways and 15 stops from Kiddo Motors

The only souvenir I wanted from Spain was a British Magazine that was sold in Madrid and Barcelona. I never made it to the Kiddo Motors in Madrid because I consistently got lost and the shop was always far from me. So I tried the shop in Barcelona and took the right stop off the right subway but walked around in circles once above ground.


The sun was hot and the air wafted of sewage when I arrive at the shop only to find it was closed. I cursed the sliding work ethic of the average Spaniard. A grocery store wouldn't let me use their restroom so I held in a shit for two subways and 15 stops to reach my apartment.


Now I knew where they were at and when they would be their so I planned my day and bathrooms visits around their hours. Kiddo Motors' large glass facade reflects the brick buildings across the street. Vaulted ceilings give the impression of largeness to the shop's interior. A Shinya Kimura/Zero Motorcycles bike sits near the front door and directly across from a Husaberg Flat tracker. A partition doubling as a counter keeps customers from wondering back into the workshop.


A shelf displaying half helmets flanks one side of the counter while a partially assembled single cylinder rests on the counter's other side. The salesroom is modern, white and clean, while tasteful amounts of memorabilia and art for decor. They do have a copy of Sideburn Magazine for 10 Euro so I grab a Rockstar and tell him to ring me up for that as well. He says the drink is free, which is helpful because I haven't ate in a while and I still have two subways and 15 stops left.

Comments