bike of the day: 2002 Kawasaki EX 500


A 2002 Kawasaki EX 500 with 44k for sale,  $1600. I have the bike’s maintenance manual and maintained the bike in accordance with the manuals requirements, including oil changes, replacing brake pads, valve adjustments, air filter cleaning and replacing coolant when instructed to do so. I have all of the bike’s service records since I purchased the bike from the original owner one year ago, when the bike had 20k miles on the odometer.


I rode this bike 60 miles everyday, Monday-Friday for the past year. The bike runs fine and was my daily commuter up until I purchased a truck. Recently the front tire was replaced with a Pirelli Sport Demon. The front tire has 95% of its tread left and the rear tire has 30% of its tread left. The air filter was oiled <100 miles ago. The valves were adjusted and the steering head bearing replaced yesterday.


The bike was low sided during my ownership but I replaced the clutch lever and left turn signal. The front fairing was damaged so I replaced the fairing with a single headlight and a computer instrument cluster. In addition to the bike the owner will receive a maintenance manual, extra key, tail bag, helmet and stock instrument cluster.


In addition to being easy to work on, Kawasaki’s EX 500 is a simple commuter bike that is as comfortable ride as it is to insure. I have the bike’s clean title in my hands and the tags are good through January 2012. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email but I am not interested in trades.  If you would like to test ride the motorcycle bring a cash deposit, helmet and your M1 license.  


The bike is located in Los Angeles, California

Comments