adjusting valves on a 2003 Kawasaki EX500-video

I spent the morning adjusting the valves on my EX 500. The process is pretty straightforward if you have ever adjusted valves before. The best part is that there are no shim to swap out, just a threaded screw that is secured by a lock nut. Loosen the lock nut, adjust the screw up or down until you've found proper valve lash and then tighten the lock nut. Viola. The worst part was having to drain the coolant.

All of the exhaust valves were tight, which is normal, so I loosened the exhaust valves and moved onto the intake valves. The intake valves were all in the mid-range of their specification so I left them alone. Before I started this project I watched the below video just to give me a reminder of what I might need or need to not do. It helped.

Comments