not handicap

"I heard you were brain dead?" she says over the phone. This is a question I've been fielding for the past two weeks since my bicycle accident. "Aren't you handicap," texted an old friend a few days ago. "Who told you that?" I retort. She says a friend named Michelle, someone I don't even know.

The sad thing is that those I call friends have been disseminating rumours, which brings sadness to my heart. Why these people are expending energy to discredit me I don't know but I try to maintain calm even as strangers/ex-friends continue with the barrage of odd statements.

Despite the scar over my right eye from the 20+ stitches, I am well. To those of you spreading half-truths about my mental and physical well being, piss off; your words say less about me then they do about you but I have no hatred in my heart.

Despite my impaired condition, this struggle will only make me stronger.

Comments

seancoker said…
maybe someone will run into you adam and flee the scene leaving only a 48,000 hospital bill. Piss off.